Eating plenty of vegetables is an easy and inexpensive way to improve your skin’s appearance. Different vegetables can support and nourish your skin. Here are some of the benefits you can see from several types of vegetables.
Vegetables That Your Skin Will Love
1. Sweet Potatoes, Pumpkin, and Winter Squash. All three of these vegetables provide the same improvements in your skin. Just by eating these vegetables, you can help your complexion. Antioxidant beta-carotene is found in sweet potatoes, which is one of the main ingredients to help fight sun damage. Sweet potatoes, pumpkin, and winter squash also contain vitamin A and antioxidants. Vitamin A is needed to keep the skin healthy and regenerated. Antioxidants can slow the aging of cells.
2. Avocado. Avocado can help fight skin inflammation, and contain a natural oil and healthy fats. One of the main avocado skin benefits comes from their high oleic acid content. This monounsaturated fatty acid maintains moisture in the epidermal layer of your skin, helping to make it soft and hydrated.
3. Carrots. Eating carrots can provide your skin with a natural sunscreen. Beta-carotene is found in carrots which can help your body to form collagen and regenerate your skin cells.
4. Spinach. Spinach contains a whole list of vitamins that are good for your body. Many of those vitamins can help your body system to function optimally, restore any cell damage, and deliver nutrients to your skin.
5. Bell Peppers. These vegetables contain a high level of vitamin C. The large amount of vitamin C that is found in bell peppers can make your skin appear to be younger. As well as having strong antioxidant properties, vitamin C is needed for the creation of elastin and collagen, which bind your skin cells together and maintain their firmness and structure.
6. Brussel Sprouts. Eating these can help to create glowing skin. Brussel sprouts contain vitamin C and antioxidants to help maintain the health and the glow of your natural skin. The antioxidants in Brussel sprouts can even help prevent skin cancer and acne. Brussel sprouts also contain an ingredient known as silica, which can rebuild and regenerate the skins connective tissues.
7. Cucumbers and Celery. Both cucumbers and celery can hydrate dry skin. Silica is present in both of these vegetables which is known to increase elasticity to the skin.
How Vegetables Help Your Skin:
- Eating vegetables can help to reduce redness or yellowness in your skin.
- Eating vegetables can improve skin tone.
- Helps prevent acne from occurring.
- Helps protect against different types of cancer.
- Helps protect against infections.